The Educational Publishers Forum, organized by the IPA in 2009, is a unique Forum that brings together professional educational (K-12) publishers from around the world. The purpose of the Forum is to share experiences regarding the evolution of learning resources, especially the application of technology and its impact on classroom pedagogy. The Forum tracks developments in both educational publishing and digital learning, and it has established links with international agencies including the European Commission, OECD, UNESCO, WIPO and the World Bank. IPA-EPF aspires to be the leading global Forum for debate about the evolution of effective learning resources.
- The IPA-EPF shares perspectives on new projects in individual countries, and works to refine policies about the role, function and value of publishers and professionally developed learning resources.
- The Forum gathers statistical data on the learning resources markets in individual countries, and it is now involved in wider developments around standards and metadata.
- The Forum is continually collecting information about resource delivery platforms, learning management systems, and open learning initiatives.
Meetings & Conferences
- The Forum holds three meetings each year with delegates (and guest speakers) at rotating venues.
- The Forum organizes an annual international education conference on the theme "What Works?" This conference is a unique event that brings together policy makers from national governments and international agencies, teachers, academics, learning technology providers and publishers.
- The Forum also has an annual open meeting at the Frankfurt Book Fair.
Contact José Borghino